Blue Light Music Program
The Blue Light Music Program is a music, recording, and multimedia program for both typically developed individuals and those with special needs. Taking place in a professional recording studio or online, students have the opportunity to learn how to play musical instruments, operate recording technology, and record and produce their own music.
The Blue Light Music Program provides beneficial creative experiences and increased practical knowledge and may be utilized as an enrichment, recreation, and leisure activity, or allied therapy.
The Blue Light Music Program is multi-sensory and incorporates various components ranging from learning basic musical concepts to more advanced musical processes such as songwriting, recording, and video production. By participating in the program, students have the opportunity to write and record their own songs, record their voices, create their own video content, and learn how to operate instruments and music technology. Services are delivered at Blue Light’s recording studio facilities. Virtual and on-site services are also available.
The program serves the needs of students by providing:
- Opportunities for emotional expression in a non-threatening, non-judgemental environment relevant to the interests of the youth.
- Esteem building through the accomplishment of creating personalized music and video
- Opportunities for bonding with staff, parents, family, and siblings who are encouraged to participate
- Motivation for positive behavior when used as part of a behavior modification program
- Development of new or hidden capacities, talents, and promotion of generalized social skills
- Leadership development through role and responsibility assignments during sessions that reinforce the importance of cooperation and example setting
- Increased practical and vocational knowledge in operating technology
For additional information please visit www.bluelightmusicprogram.com, email [email protected], or call 609-310-3997.
|Current Active MOU||
Arts & Recreation
Intellectual and Developmental Needs
Last Updated: 03/28/23